With the January transfer window now open around Europe there’s plenty of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: Chelsea eye Olmo if Arsenal sign Mudryk
Chelsea have been linked with the RB Leipzig midfielder Dani Olmoaccording to the Daily Mail.
Olmo, 24, is believed to be a target should the Blues fail to beat Arsenal to the signature of Shakhtar Donetsk winger Mykhailo Mudryk. Olmo has also been linked with Manchester United.
Mudryk’s future is still in the balance, and while Chelsea are hoping to beat the Gunners to his signature, they’re making contingency plans in case he eventually heads to the Emirates Stadium or stays at Donetsk.
Chelsea have already signed several players this window, including David Datro Fofana, Andrey Santos spirit Benoit Badiashileand sources have told ESPN that they are also eyeing Marcus Thuram.
Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Newcastle United, Aston Villa, Bayern Munich, and AC Milan are interested in the France star Thuram, who has six months left on his contract at Borussia Monchengladbach.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga and more (US)
– Borussia Dortmund forward Jayden Brave could leave the German club on loan in order to get more game time, reports Fabricius Roman. The 20-year-old Dutch forward joined Dortmund from Manchester City in July 2022, and he boasts quick feet and electric pace. However, after picking up just seven appearances this season, both he and the club are keen for him to get more experience elsewhere, with a number of clubs interested in him.
– Crystal Palace and Everton
– Borussia Dortmund star Marco Reus is out of contract at the end of the season, and he’s subsequently become the latest target for Saudi side Al Nassr, according to the Cristiano Ronaldo with more marquee names, and Reus, 33, is said to be considering his future. The Saudi side have also attempted to enter talks with Real Madrid’s Luke Modric and Paris Saint-Germain’s Sergio Ramos.
– Aston Villa will need to increase his offer for Alex Moreno if they are to land the defender from Real Betis in this transfer window, according to Mundo Deportivo. The Spanish side are reluctant to let the 29-year-old left-back leave for less than €18m, and Villa have so far bid closer to €18m in two instalments. Aston are keen to improve the left side of their defense and believe Moreno — who was close to joining Nottingham Forest in August — will provide the necessary upgrade in quality.
– Leeds United are battling Everton and Brentford for the signature of the Coventry City striker Viktor Gyokeresaccording to Teamtalk. Leeds manager Jesse Marsch is looking for further reinforcements beyond the signing of defenders Maximilian Wober from RB Leipzig. Swedish striker Gyokeres has scored 12 goals in 25 appearances this season, with Coventry placing a £18m transfer valuation on the 24-year-old. Leeds officials believe there is room for movement in that figure, and are prepared to spend closer to £14m.